2809 Swiss Chalet Ct
Cincinnati, OH 45220
Late in the fall of 1920 a group of Engineers at the University of Cincinnati felt that there was an opening on the campus for an engineering fraternity. There were several good general fraternities on the campus, but their interest was in the Engineering College primarily. As a result, a fraternity known as C.E.M. (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering) was organized and application was made to the State of Ohio for incorporation papers. After incorporation C.E.M. felt that a local fraternity would not be able to carry on work as well as a national fraternity so it was decided to petition a national fraternity for the installation of a chapter there. Several national organizations were considered and of these Triangle looked best. As a result a petition to Triangle was drawn up with Triangle accepted. In the Fall of 1921 C.E.M. became the Cincinnati Chapter of Triangle Fraternity. The chapter continued to flourish until the early 2000s when it began to struggle. As the request of the chapter alumni board the chapter was temporarily suspended. In the Fall of 2010 a successful re-colonization effort was held with the support of Cincinnati alumni and established a strong base of brothers to build a prosperous chapter off of. In January 2014 the Cincinnati Colony re-installed as the Cincinnati Chapter of Triangle Fraternity.