Penn State

pstateFounded: December 1926
Installed: March 3, 1928

Address
226 E. Beaver Ave.
State College, PA 16801

Contact
Website: http://www.psutriangle.org/
Phone: (814) 237-1293

History
In the winter of 1926 Sigma Epsilon, parent of the Penn State Chapter, was organized as a local engineering fraternity. The Penn State Dean of Engineering R. L. Sackett (later initiated as an honorary Triangle brother) encouraged the local engineering fraternity to place an emphasis on scholarship and work with all departments within the College of Engineering.  In 1927 Triangle fraternity approached Sigma Epilson about becoming a chapter of Triangle Fraternity.  A year later, after sufficient growth, Sigma Epsilon Fraternity was installed as the Penn State Chapter of Triangle Fraternity.