Purdue

Purdue

Installed: April 8, 1909

Address
103 University Street ‎
West Lafayette, IN ‎47906

Contact
Website: http://www.purduetriangle.org

History
The Triangle Chapter at Purdue University was not founded as an expansion effort of Triangle or through local area alumni, but rather through civil engineering students who had a similar vision as Triangle’s sixteen Founding Fathers at the University of Illinois in 1907.  In May 1908 fifteen students founded the Purdue Transit Club, a club focused on the building of lifelong bonds of friendship amongst those studying Civil Engineering.  After the group was established at Purdue, Brother Knapp of the Illinois chapter became a professor at Purdue where he found an organization that was similar to Triangle at Illinois. Knapp facilitated a correspondence between the Illinois Chapter and the Purdue Transit Club which resulted in the Transit Club petitioning for affiliation with Triangle. In March 1909 the petition was granted, and, with the installation of the Purdue Chapter of Triangle Fraternity, Triangle became a national fraternity.