South Dakota Mines

Founded: 1921South Dakota Mines
Installed: September 27, 1930

Address
402 South Street
Rapid City, SD 57701

Contact
Website: http://triangle.sdsmt.edu/default.html
Phone: (605) 348-0507

History
In 1921 Phi Kappa Phi fraternity was founded at the South Dakota School of Mines as a literary society to give its members practice in forensics and debates. As South Dakota Mines has a large percentage of the student body majoring in engineering, the club took on an emphasis in the fields of engineering and in the fall of 1928 the fraternity established a house for 20 members.  In September of 1930 Phi Kappa Phi’s petition to become a chapter of Triangle was granted and the group was installed as Triangle’s fifteenth chapter.