University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (UWM)
Founded: April 15, 1961
Installed: April 11, 1970
3134 N Oakland Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53211
The University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee branch of Triangle had been in existence since April 15, 1961, but its roots ran back to 1939 when an engineering brotherhood, Sigma Delta Omega started on the campus. When a chapter of SDO was proposed for the Madison campus – to which the UWM students transferred for their final two years – the Wisconsin Chapter proposed a merger and the first branch of a chapter in the fraternity world was established. Fifteen members of SDO were initiated on Founders Day 1961. Nine years later the UWM Chapter was ready to go on its own and chartered as the UWM Chapter of Triangle Fraternity in Spring of 1971.