Robert B. Nagel
Chairman | CEO Partners Inc.
M.B.A. The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 1963
B.S., Industrial Economics, Purdue University, 1960
Wife – Nancy
Mr. Nagel is a founding partner and currently Chairman of CEO Partners, Inc., an independent management consulting firm specializing in the foodservice industry. The company provides strategic business counsel to CEOs and senior management, primarily in areas of integration and management of acquired companies, business unit strategy, supply chain efficiency, and shareholder value improvement. Clients include manufacturers, distributors, chain restaurant operators, and trade associations.
Prior work experience
- President, Peapod Delivery Services Peapod was the leading computer-based online grocery shopping and delivery company, serving over 100,000 members in the U.S. Mr. Nagel negotiated operating and marketing agreements with key supermarket chains in each city to expand Peapod’s service. Peapod started with private equity capital and subsequently raised additional capital through an initial public offering of stock. The company is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Ahold, N.V.
- Principal, A.T. Kearney, Inc. Mr. Nagel joined A.T. Kearney in 1991 to build the firm’s foodservice industry practice. During his 5 years with Kearney, he completed over 30 projects for clients including manufacturers, distributors, and foodservice operating companies. Engagements covered acquisition evaluation and integration, business strategy development, corporate restructuring/resource reallocation, and distribution network redesign.
- Vice President, Management and Organization Development, Kraft General Foods Mr. Nagel helped guide the integration of food companies following acquisition by Philip Morris of Kraft, General Foods, and Oscar Mayer companies. His responsibilities included corporate-wide executive training and development, organization design, succession planning, university recruiting, performance management systems, and executive outplacement.
- Vice President and General Manager-East, Kraft Foodservice Group (renamed Alliant) Mr. Nagel built this division from $300 million to $1.1 billion in sales through acquisition and internal growth.
- Vice President, Marketing, Kraft Foodservice Group Mr. Nagel introduced a number of innovations in foodservice marketing, including Restaurant Insights, a videotaped news magazine, and KraftLink, the first electronic order entry system in the foodservice industry.
- Vice President, Marketing and R&D, Lily-Tulip Cup Corporation
Earlier positions were in finance, information systems, and strategic planning for Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Former Director of BAB Holdings, Inc.(NASDAQ), a public restaurant operating company and parent of Big Apple Bagels, My Favorite Muffins, and Brewster’s Coffee chains. Chairman of audit committee
- Council on The Booth School of Business at The University of Chicago, and former national chairman of the GSB Fund
- Public Member of Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (Accreditation authority for North Central area colleges.) Serve on both Accreditation Review Board and Institutional Actions Council
- Guest lecturer at the graduate business schools of The University of Chicago and Northwestern University. Periodic Executive in Residence at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business